A friend of mine had posted a picture on Twitter of this zucchini bruschetta appetizer. I’m like, sounds amazing, what’s the recipe. So she sent me the ingredients. Like many cooks, we don’t measure and she didn’t either. But I made it and oh my goodness, it was so delicious. I just ate it plain, but I know it would be fabulous on crusty bread, or crackers – I like triscuits. You have to try this.
As with most of my recipes, I tell you to adjust the ingredients to your tastes and likings. I’m going to give you approximate measures.
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped, sweet onions (I use Vadalia)
- 6 fresh basil leaves - chopped/shredded
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste (I use Himalayan Salt)
- I have a "salsa maker" which chops everything at once and makes it easy. But, if you're going to do it by hand, that's cool too. Once everything is chopped, add the oil, vinegar, salt & pepper and mix all together. This recipe is so easy and quick to make. You'll love it.
- Serve it with Crusty Bread, Crackers, Top It Off With A Bit Of Cheese. Play with it to your liking, but enjoy cuz it's super yummy.