I’m cheating today and not providing you a video. I keep forgetting to video tape when I’m cooking. I apologize, but here’s a recipe I make often and it’s super good for you. We love hummus in our house and this recipe is a lower fat version. It is not, however, dairy free, but you can omit the yogurt all together if you want. By using the yogurt in place of the Tahini, you reduce the fat and calories. Serve with fresh, chopped veggies or baked chips. You can put whatever flavor want in it for seasoning, but make sure you include the cumin for the true hummus flavor. For this we chose roasted garlic, but you can put in kalimata olives, crushed red pepper, etc. Enjoy.
- 1 19 oz. can chick peas (rinsed and drained).
- 1/3-cup fat free, plain, Greek yogurt.
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice.
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil.
- 1 bulb roasted garlic, mashed.
- 3/4 tsp. Himalayan salt*
- 3/4 tsp. cumin, ground.
Pour in food processor and blend until smooth (add more oil as needed)
You can flavor with any of your favorites: Kalamata olives, roasted red peppers, jalapeños, dill, roasted garlic, etc.
* Himalayan salt contains over 70 minerals found in your body. It actually replaces minerals that have been depleted. It’s nothing like table salt; it’s actually good for you. (f you don’t have that, you can use sea salt, table salt, etc. Not as healthy)
Let me know if you try this. Not only is it healthy for you, it’s much less expensive.